Thursday, August 14, 2008

Here We Go!

Today's the day! Bags have been packed and repacked and repacked again and I still fluctuate between thinking I've forgotten something and that there's entirely too much to keep track of already. If I'm lucky, at least the documents are all there.

My house is not quite as in order as I'd like it to be, but partially that's because I realize I have very little notion of what exactly life will be like when we return. But, instead of accomplishing something, I am drinking my last quiet cup of coffee in my own home, and typing up this farewell blog. Life simply does not begin before the coffee (a fact, I suspect is about to change).

Vietnam is exactly 12 hours ahead of us time-wise. So, right around noon tomorrow you can imagine that we have arrived in Vietnam. I can't say I'm looking forward to the plane ride but I am certainly looking forward to the arriving part!!

I can't believe I'll actually meet her in just a few days!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

Wishing you & your mom an enjoyable and safe flight!

Anonymous said...

Kristin-

Looking forward to hearing about your life changing trip. Happy trails to you... Looking forward to meeting your little Miss Molly.
God Speed!
Becky -

jpking970 said...

Great lunch at Baker's Square. You look so happy and excited I can hardly contain it. And Ann looks for ready and prepared. It will be a wonderful adventure. Love, Dad