Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Details, Details, Details.

Last night I spent two hours on the phone with a representative from the agency who outlined the upcoming trip in great detail. For now, here is the plan. We will arrive in Ho Chi Minh City on Friday. The following Monday we will travel to the province where Molly currently lives. Tuesday the 19th is the G&R (Giving & Receiving ceremony where I am granted custody). After the ceremony, we will travel back to Ho Chi Minh where we will stay until the following Sunday while Molly's passport is prepared.

Then, on Sunday, we take an airplane up to Hanoi. Monday and Tuesday are dedicated to getting her Visa and medical exam. Once those documents are in place, the process is essentially complete. However, we will be in Vietnam for a few days beyond that primarily because the Olympics is making it tough to get flights home. We will either explore Hanoi or head off for some rest, relaxation and bonding time in Ha Long Bay.

There are four families from the agency who will be with us at various points in the process. Two of us have children in Molly's province, the other two are from a different province.

In the meantime, my mother and I are scrambling around gathering paperwork, gifts, and last minute necessities. I can't believe we have less than 48 hours remaining to accomplish it all.

Thank you for all the well-wishes. We are very excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

I'm so happy that this day as finally come! 2 more days ...

Karin

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip, I can't wait to follow along via blog!

Cindy

jpking970 said...

It's all happening at last! This will be a soul adventure for you and all the family. Thank you for persevering. We will follow your adventures throughout and be anxiously awaiting your return. Dad

Anonymous said...

Kristen-

You are going to make one fabulous mom! I've extremely happy and excited for you. She's beatuiful.

Enjoy the trip.

Jeff Rahman

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
I'm absolutely thrilled for you and your family! I know my girls can't wait to have a play date! :)

Susan and Family