She is a banger. This morning at breakfast, she took the chopsticks to everything--trying out the different sounds everything makes. This afternoon it was her hands and feet--on the wall, the suitcases, my face...
She's also very into textures. She likes to scratch the back of the chair (though that could be considered a noise as well). She likes to play in the water. And she most desperately wants to fingerpaint with yogury. I just wish I could find a good place for her to be messy--its a little hard in a hotel room.
We went to apply for her passport and to get her medical exam done. The passport business was a piece of cake (interesting note: while we were there, 5 families from another agency showed up as well). The medical exam was not quite so much fun for Molly. She was tired for one thing, but she hung in there--until they pried her away from my arms so they could weigh her. They did let me stand over her and make noises and hold her hand. She cried and cried, but was fine once they let me pick her up again. She fell asleep in the car.
It is worth noting that she can apparently sleep through nearly anything. Last night I picked her up, put her in the Baby Bjorn (no easy feat the first time you try it), took her down to dinner, came back upstairs and laid her down again and she slept through the whole thing....all the way until 5am this morning. We made it through a whole night with nothing more than a few whimpers. Mind you--I'm making this statement based on a mere 26 hours of knowledge.
She is napping now, and then we are planning to go adventuring. She seems fascinated by the sights of Vietnam.
I also learned that she's fully a crawler--the nannies told me she only scoots.
She's up now. Have to go.
Note: I added an entry about the G&R below.
8 comments:
I can't recall what G&R is, but glad it went so well.
Molly has one of those smiles that spreads great joy into the world.
What an adventure of love and care!
Tom
A major breakthrough and so soon. Kristin, you are indeed a natural mother, and what a smile! You have some wonderful days ahead, as do we all. Those last pictures show much joy and even more potential. Dad
Congratulations, Kristin and Molly! I can't wait to see you together as a family. You both look so happy.
It's been fun to read your blog and re-live our own experiences in Vietnam. Here's hoping the rest of your trip goes smoothly...
Love,
Kim (and Steve and Tu)
Hi Miss Molly. Welcome to the party! You have no idea how long mom has been waiting to meet you! May I compliment you on those two beautiful front teeth, and on learning how to bang on everything in site. What a talented girl you already are.
Kristen, it didn't take long for Molly to come out of her shell, how wonderful! Loved seeing these two posts, have been wondering what the heck you all are doing that keeps you from blogging more! Your adoring fans need to know what's going on! Welcome to the Mom-club!
Margaret
Congratulations on that wonderful smile!
I'm impressed with how quickly the bonding process is happening. It's a powerful commendation for all involved! Obviously, Molly's nannies have taught her that she can TRUST, and they have done a wonderful job of facilitating the transfer of that trust. This also speaks to Molly's "stability" even as young as she is. And then, of course, the other major hero here is Kristin, who knows how to naturally connect with children to maintain that trust.
How very delightful that all is proceeding so well and so quickly! I suspect she will be calling you "Mama" by the time you get back home!
Continue to enjoy. We are certainly enjoying your communications!
Love and hugs,
MK
Kristin,
We've been out of town for 10 days, got back & found your blog info on the forum. I'm thrilled to see that you have made it safely to VN and finally met your beautiful daughter!!
Congratulations on becoming a mom! You are doing great!!
I'm really pleased to hear what the nannies did to help the transition with the G&R and beyond (our experience was not nearly so smooth & it may be that they've put some new things in place to help the transition, which is fabulous!!)
The pic's are awesome!! I'm so happy for you!
Sandy, Scott, & Noah
Oh! She's finally home (almost). This is amazing! I still don't have a web cam, but maybe we can see her tomorrow at your Dad's!
YAY!
Kristin-
Thank you for all the GREAT photo's and written descriptions of your journey. You have truely won "The Gold"!
Congrats!
Becky
p.s. It is so reassuring to me to know that baby Tien is in good hands and is a happy guy-'Thank you' really does not even tell you how grateful I am!
Post a Comment