Friday, September 26, 2008

Update

Gosh, its been so long since I've posted anything that I almost forgot how to do it. Sad.

So, according to the stats page, this "two week travel blog" has been visited 1,427 times (I'm sure I'm a good chunk of those visits). We've had 244 unique visitors from 3 countries (242 from the US, 1 from London, and me in Vietnam). The US visitors come from 20 different states.

Who knew. I made the site unfindable, so it is simply a matter of people passing the word. Most of the visitors I'm sure are adoptive parents.

Anyway, there seem to be 8 of you hanging on, so this post is for you.

Miss Molly is doing very well. She is such a happy little girl.

At 12 months, she is close to walking. She can take 4-5 steps and then basically falls into me. She is totally able to cruise using the furniture.

She babbles constantly (although sometimes I think she's singing rather than talking). She seems to know that "Mama" will get my attention. Sometimes it is just part of her babbling and sometimes its intentional. Yesterday I discovered that she will consistently say Ba-ooon when pointing the the big helium balloon that's in the house. She loves that balloon. Too bad its in its last stages.

She can say "more", "fan", "light", "bubbles", and "bottle" in sign language although they are sometimes are hard to distinguish. "More" looks a lot like clapping and like the itsy-bitsy-spider. "Light", "bubbles" and "bottle" look very similiar. Fan is distinct but I think she means light. I think she has them backwards. Also, I think she is trying to say "tree" but it comes out looking like bubbles.

In other loves, she loves her swing. It took her 3-4 tries, but now if she sees it out the window she insists on being taken out there immediately. She has also discovered stuffed animals. Initially, she was afraid of them, but now the only one she's afraid of is a stuffed elephant. She discovered them in the corner of her room and kissed (tasted) each one on the nose. Then she scooped up the lamb and declared it even more sacred then her blanket.

She is getting a lot better at meeting people. The stoic stare is a lot shorter lived. Kids get in for free. She hasn't yet met a kid she doesn't like almost immediately.

Her one struggle is sleep. She simply doesn't want to sleep and when she does sleep, she doesn't sleep for long. We're still trying to find the right nap time routine. Night is much easier.

And speaking of naps, this one is over.

1 comments:

jpking970 said...

I am definitely one of the "hangers-on" so I thank you for the continued updates. The Molly anecdotes are highly amusing and entertaining. She is growing in so many ways. Good work, mom . . . Dad