Who knew a big purple ball could make a kid so happy? This was the biggest smile to date.
Unfortunately, the joy was rather short lived. Mean mom that I am, I inadvertently scheduled her first doctor's appointment on her birthday (I blame it on the jetlag-- I am lucky if I remember to brush my teeth these days). Anyway, the poor child got 5 shots and 7 vials of blood drawn. Fortunately, the staff was very efficient and most of her unhappiness was about being restrained rather than about being poked. Afterward, she took a nice 3 hour nap and then woke up grinning as always. And BONUS FOR ME, she slept through the night (...mostly).
The official plan is to celebrate Molly's birthday on Saturday. I'm desperately hoping the additional days mean we will be more rested and that my house will miraculously clean itself. And, if the cake fairy could produce a cake, that would be great too. Like I said, I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth.
4 comments:
Lunds does a free cake for the 1st birthday! Happy birthday Molly, how wonderful that you get to celebrate it with your Mom!
Love the pictures of Molly. She is adorable! Happy 1st birthday.
Ann
Diapers, bottles, toys everywhere, messy house, and no sleep. Welcome home and Happy Birthday to Molly and Kristin.
I am heading out of town for a week. But when you and Molly are ready, and you are looking for other little kids to play with, come and visit us. We have plenty of things for Molly to bang on.
Barbie
Now there's a picture of pure happiness. Good work, mom. You sure know how to celebrate a kid's birthday. Molly, you're so cute . . . Love, Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment